Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Easy Marinade Glaze

This is my go-to "I have chicken defrosted but what the heck should I do with it?" recipe.
I use it on Salmon, Chicken, and Pork Chops..it's great on all three!  It's a sweet/natural sugar recipe, so be sure to use it when consuming a lot of protein, this way your glucose levels won't spike as much.

Sweet Marinade Glaze
1/2 cup Natural Honey
1/4 cup Organic Balsamic Vinegar

Heat honey in a small sauce pot over low-medium heat.  Once honey has thinned out, add balsamic and mix together.  Let sit on heat for 1min, then cool for 1min before adding to meat as a marinade.
Marinate meat for 1-1.5hrs.  I pour sauce into the baking dish with the meat and cook it in the sauce as well.

*Amounts will vary depending on the amount of meat you're cooking. I use this as a base for about 1lb of chicken and go from there.  

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment