This is a staple around our house! A great snack to grab and take with you for the day; it makes about 16 snack bags worth of Trail Mix!!
* 5 cups nuts and seeds (I always use slivered almonds, flax seeds, pecans, and sunflower seeds; you can use whatever you want- pumpkin seeds are great too- but make sure you use at least 2 – 3 cups slivered almonds, as these take the place of what is normally oats). MAKE SURE ALL NUTS ARE UNSALTED/ORGANIC.
* 1/4 cup honey
* 1/4 cup organic grade B mayple syrup
* 1/3 cup coconut oil (if you've never used coconut oil; it comes in wax form. Remove lid, and heat in microwave for 1min to melt).
* 2 tsp vanilla extract
* 1 tsp ground cinnamon
* 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
* 1/4 tsp ground ginger
* 3/4 cup organic raisins
* 1/2 cup organic unsweetened dried blueberries or other dried/unsweetened fruit
* 1/2 cup organic unsweetened dried cranberries or other dried/unsweetened fruit
* 1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut (if desired)
Mix honey, syrup, oil, vanilla, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg in a small saucepan and bring to a boil on the stove. Let it cool for a minute. Mix nuts in a big bowl and pour sauce over them. Mix well. Spread the nuts and seeds out on a greased baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes at 300 degrees. Allow the pan to cool slightly (no more than 3mins or it will start to form together) and then put the mixture into a bowl. Mix in dried/unsweetened fruit & enjoy!